Student assistant in GAME’s International team
GAME is a fast growing, innovative NGO recognized as one of the world’s 150 best NGO’s. Founded in 2002 in Denmark with a mission to create lasting social change through youth-led street sports and culture, GAME establishes innovative facilities and trains youth-leaders as instructors and role models in street sports and civil society. GAME is now looking for two student assistans for the International Department.
SCOPE OF WORK
As a student assistant in the International Team you will be on International Team Specialist, involved in supporting the International Team and contributing to the organization’s international focus. You will be a key player in the middle management of the team and in engaging with several external stakeholders from donors to partners, in both Denmark in up to 10 countries overseas. You will also be partaking in GAME’s systems strengthening and integration from a HQ perspective, as well as engaging with GAME’s leadership as well as GAME’s beneficiaries whom we support. You will furthermore be given concrete tasks which you will be the owner of every month and solely responsible for with minimal supervision.
You will be co-supervised by two experienced international (non-Danes) colleagues with over 15 years experience in international affairs and development.
YOU WILL GAIN
– An accelerated, intimate, and purposeful understanding of most facets of how an international NGO must function and grow within the humanitarian and development sector.
– Profound exposure to international operations and colleagues from a dozen countries.
– The opportunity to use your talent to make a difference for vulnerable children and young people.
– Contact with many different tasks related to street sports and youth management well beyond the International Team.
– Opportunity for personal development in an innovative organization.
– A student with at least 1.5 years left of your education.
– Experienced in working with an INGO as a volunteer or employee.
– Experienced in working or living overseas in your adulthood.
– Globally minded, locally committed.
– Fluent in English and Danish, and ideally able to converse in a third non-Scandinavian language (ie. French, Arabic, Somali, etc.).
– Have experience or interested in Child Protection, the Migrant issue, Youth Empowerment.
– Comfortable in an office environment, and equally comfortable in addressing issues of some of the world’s most vulnerable youth.
– Willing and able to travel in Europe, Africa or the Middle East.
February 3rd or as soon as possible thereafter. The contract runs for 11 months until the end of 2020.
15-20 hours per week from 9:00-17:00 during weekdays, with occasional evening and weekend work.
is at GAME Streetmekka, Enghavevej 82D in Copenhagen.
The application shall be uploaded here. Choose ‘Junior Coordinator’ and upload the application and résumé as one PDF-file.
is on the 13th of january 2020.