Project Coordinator in Somaliland
1 year renewable contract based on performance and funding. 3 months probation period.
GAME is one of the fastest growing NGOs in Scandinavia which was recently voted as one of the top 150 globally. We focus on Youth Empowerment and Social Change through street sports and culture. GAME works through local partnerships and will be expanding our current Somaliland program for 2 years to 8 locations across Somaliland through 2021 and potentially beyond. “GAME Somaliland” (Ururka Ciyaaraha) is a locally registered NGO established in 2017 which will implement this program in partnership with GAME, UNICEF, IOM, and three local organizations including SOCSA (women’s NGO).
This position is for a hands-on and detail oriented manager committed to youth engagement, teamwork and volunteering, and outstanding project management. You will have a good portion of character strength in order to handle resistance and confidence in dealing with rules and obstacles that stand in the way of development and progress. The job also requires one with a structured attitude and the ability to handle practical situations in an effective way. As the ideal candidate you should be able to use your personal power and energy in a well-structured manner.
SCOPE OF WORK
– To deliver exceptional project management with reference to the Country Director and with support from the Protection Advisor.
– To oversee the implementation of GAME Somaliland’s 8 GAME Zones (physical areas) with weekly activities.
– To deliver annual GAME Finals (large event), and bi-annual Training Camps for volunteers.
– Inspire and lead a team of dozens of local young volunteers.
– Overseeing report writing processes.
– Somaliland National with bachelor’s degree.
– 3+ years experience in community engagement.
– Team Management experience.
– Strong personal drive.
– Municipal Government engagement experience.
– Fluent in English
– Reporting experience
PROFILE PREFERENCES (though not required) that you:
– Volunteer Management experience.
– Remote control management and reporting experience.
– Significant NGO Experience.
– Athletic personal / professional background in team sports.
– Monitoring and Evaluation experience.
REMUNERATION and TRAVEL
The salary is 650 USD / month, negotiable.
Diversity is something we celebrate in GAME. We therefore encourage everyone irrespective of their gender, sexual orientation, age, race, religion or disability to apply for a job in GAME.
To apply, please submit in one (1) PDF document 1 ) your Letter of Motivation and 2) your CV through our portal PODIO. The application deadline is August 4th at 11:59 CET. We will be checking applications on a rolling basis so we encourage early submissions. First round of Interviews will be held in August 13th-16th by Skype, while the second round will be held August 25th-28th in Hargeisa.
For any questions related to the position, you may contact Matthew Gray on whatsapp at +45 20424690.