International Intern in Amman, Jordan
(Only current students studying in Denmark can apply)
GAME is a Danish based NGO founded in 2002 and facilitates practices in street basket, parkour, dance and street soccer in less advantaged neighbourhoods in Denmark, Lebanon, Somaliland and Jordan. In 2019 more countries will follow. GAME’s mission is to create lasting social change through youth-led street sports and culture. The program is a fusion of different urban sports, dance, urban culture and an effort to bridge between differences. The activities are executed by a numerous group of young leaders trained by GAME, called Playmakers.
SCOPE OF WORK
• To contribute to the delivery of the project’s outcomes of delivering social change to youth through street sports.
• To assist in the implementation of activities direct delivery and weekly planning.
• To manage external communications (website, social media, etc).
• To support Business Development (mainly via comms above and info gathering).
• To document and evaluate the activities in field locations
• To conduct country research: needs analysis, vulnerability indexes, political trends, cross-regional opportunities, UN and NGO profiling, and potential partnerships.
• Some administrative tasks: collecting receipts, tracking beneficiary figures, translation from Danish to English and could also include local languages (if language skills are available).
• To travel! Internal (national) travel is expected for all interns in all countries.
In Jordan, GAME does not implement directly however we are seminal overseers of the work and approach. GAME works with the Jordan Youth Innovation Forum in Amman and is intimately involved in the running of these programmes: The internship will involve working directly with JYIF in Jordan as well as their extensive national networks as well.
Starts in February 2019. Internship begins with 1 working week in Copenhagen at GAME Headquarters and the Internship continues with 4 months in Amman.
REPORTING POINT OF REFERRAL
There will be two lines of support:
• To the Country Director of the local organization regarding all direct implementation.
• To the International Programme Manager of GAME in Denmark (who visits the site locations regularly).
PROFILE REQUIREMENTS (Who you Are)
While we are flexible as to what the profile of a GAME intern is, we expect that you are:
• Currently undertaking a related education degree (International Affairs, Business for Development, International Organizational Theory, Development Studies, or other related degree) with demonstrable interest in international development, diplomacy and/or international systems and business.
• Love sports – and see the value in investing in youth.
• Responsible and prepared to contribute to the team.
• Structured and able to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Able to multitask, but also appreciate the skill and benefit of mono-tasking.
• Proven record of getting along with a wide variety of people from different cultures, both in the office and internationally.
• English fluency
PROFILE PREFERENCES (though not required) that you:
• Have significant experience in living / working / studying outside of Denmark; preferably out of Europe in MENA, Africa or Asia.
• Danish fluency
• Can speak the local language of where you applying to go.
WORKING HOURS PER WEEK
The working hours are 37 hours per week. Some work will take place on weekends during events and training seminars for the volunteers. These hours will be counterbalanced by time off in the following week. The Intern is entitled to 2,08 vacation days per working month. The vacation should be arranged and held in a manner where it takes GAME’s daily operations and the interest of the Intern into consideration.
The internship is unpaid. GAME will pay for insurance and expenses to language lessons in Amman. The intern will have to finance all other costs, incl. airfare, local transportation, accommodation, food, etc.
Please send us:
1) Your CV;
2) A cover letter with the following (just bullet points is very fine):
• Your international experience and personal international ambitions for 2019 and 2025.
• How GAME can benefit children and youth around the world.
• Why Jordan motivates and fits your goals.
• What you expect from the role and what you expect the what the IPM, CD, and local team can help you attain your 2019 goals and beyond.
• Your favourite street sport and why.
This application package should be named ‘JORDAN – YOUR SURNAME’ and uploaded to Podio via this link.
The application deadline is Sunday, December 9th though we will be doing interviews on a rolling basis so please apply as soon as possible. All applicants will receive an email response from GAME by Week 50 informing of whether they are shortlisted or not.
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
For any questions related to the position, you may contact Matthew at 2042 4690 or email@example.com though phone is always preferred.