Intern in GAME International
GAME Denmark’s International Department is looking for an intern who can support our organization’s growth strategy through research, fundraising, monitoring, reporting and communications.
GAME is a non-profit street sport organization that since 2002 has worked to create lasting social change by establishing innovative facilities and educating young people as leaders and role models in street sports. At GAME Headquarters in Copenhagen we work closely with different institutions and municipalities around the country to help make street sport as accessible to as many children and young people as possible. We organize street sports events with schools and arrange larger “street days” publicly in order to introduce street sports such as parkour, street basketball, street soccer and street dance.
Though GAME started internationally with the establishment of GAME Lebanon in 2007, 2018 has been a year of great growth and expansion. By year’s end, GAME expects to have increased its presence to at least seven more countries.
SCOPE OF WORK
As an intern in the international department you will be a part of a new office and a help open a new chapter in GAME’s history. You will help two full-time employees define the roles and procedures of the department. You will contribute to larger strategic goals (for example identifying new international partners, assessing country contexts, monitoring overseas programmes, etc), as well as assisting in administrative tasks (for example translating, tracking beneficiary figures, etc).
As an intern, you will get the opportunity to work with:
• Business Development: Upstream: supporting concept notes and proposals, preparing budgets, mapping funding opportunities. Downstream: mapping local donor actors, mapping competition, supporting country offices in their data collection.
• Country Research: needs analysis, vulnerability indexes, political trends, cross-regional opportunities, UN and NGO profiling, and potential partnerships.
• Administrative tasks: collecting receipts, tracking beneficiary figures, helping with daily lunch with other qualified interns
• Translation: primarily from Danish to English but not exclusively so as opportunities for third languages (French, Arabic) also preferred if skillset is available.
• Communications: working with our communications team to gather and draft relevant stories and postings.
• Organizational planning: Provide inputs to the expansion and establishment of the international department.
• Participation in strategic development meetings regarding monitoring and evaluation, planning communication tools that support international partners, and a new online educational platform
You will work closely with the two International Partnerships Managers in GAME who are both foreigner nationals. GAME’s international department works closely with the full GAME team, both in Denmark and Lebanon, as well as our partners in Europe, Africa and the Middle East, in the full range of street sports activities that GAME helps bring to life.
As an intern, from time to time you will have the possibility to participate in volunteer activities outside the office and to learn about the variety of programs that GAME runs. GAME’s interns are also welcome to participate in our special events such as the Friday Jams, Street GAMEs and the GAME Finals.
WHO YOU ARE
Though we are flexible as to what the profile of a GAME intern is, we expect that you are:
• Currently undertaking a related education degree (International Affairs, Business for Development, International Organizational Theory, Development Studies, or other related degree) with demonstrable interest in international development,
•Responsible and prepared to contribute to the team,
• Structured and able to work both independently and in a team environment • Able to multitask, but also mono-task when sustained focus is required,
• Able to get along with a wide variety of people, both in the office and internationally, and that you
• Have fluency in Danish, English (and preferably a third language) We prefer that you:
• Have significant experience in living / working / studying outside of Denmark; preferably out of Europe in MENA, Africa or Asia.
• Have a high level of French and/or Arabic
The internship period will take place approximately following the spring university semester in Denmark, and as such is expected to begin February 4th 2019. GAME is flexible with the exact length and daily schedule of the internship to allow time for studies or employment. However, interns are expected to work a minimum of 30 hours per week. General working hours are Monday through Friday from 9:00-17:00, with occasional evening and weekend work (rare for this position).
You will be mentored by both International Partnership Managers who are both from abroad with a variety of diplomatic, UN, NGO experience in the humanitarian, development, and public sectors. You will participate in monthly 1-on-1 conversations that will discuss your goals, experiences, contributions, tasks and general well-being in the workplace. You will receive a free warm lunch each day and will be invited to eat alongside all your GAME colleagues.
The internship is unpaid.
is at GAME Streetmekka, Enghavevej 82D in Copenhagen.
Please send us: your CV; a cover letter detailing: 1) Your international experience and ambitions, 2) how GAME can benefit people around the world, 3) what you bring to the role and 4) what you expect from the role and the IPMs to help you attain your 2019 goals and beyond; anything else that will help us get to know you. This application package should be uploaded here: Podio. If you are applying for more than one internship at GAME, please be sure that you communicate that clearly in your application.
Please submit applications soonest as they will be reviewed and candidates contacted on a rolling basis until the October 28 deadline.
If you apply for more that one internship, please note in each application.
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
Please call at 7020-8323 and ask for either Emily or Matthew.
We look forward to receiving your application!