Country Director in Somaliland
1 year renewable contract based on performance and funding. 3 months probation period.
GAME is one of the fastest scaling NGOs in Scandinavia which was voted as one of the top 150 globally. We focus on Youth Empowerment and Social Change through street sports and culture. GAME works through local partnerships and will be expanding our current Somaliland program for 2 years to 8 locations across Somaliland through 2021 and potentially beyond. “GAME Somaliland” (Ururka Ciyaaraha) is a locally registered NGO established in 2017 which will implement this program in partnership with GAME, UNICEF, IOM, and three local organizations including SOCSA (women’s NGO).
This Leadership position is for an analytical, skilled and well-thought-out planner. You must be committed to youth engagement and to innovative project delivery and partnerships. As an ideal candidate, you should be able to create positive and constructive relationships between different parties and have the talent to organize others.
SCOPE OF WORK
– Primary focal point between Program and Somaliland Government.
– Represent GAME to external stakeholders, in particular, INGOs, Civil Society, UN agencies, local communities (when required), donors, government and our 5 local and international partners.
– Team Coordination Management of 5 national colleagues, with indirect oversight of 100 volunteers.
– Upstream line management responsibility to International Partnerships Manager in Copenhagen.
– To further develop and oversee the vision of the organization through 2021 and beyond incl. fundraising.
– Direct programme oversight of our current 2 year program.
– To maintain reputation and identify new programmatic partnerships through networks.
– Manage the integrity and coordination of our programme with three implementing partners and two technical partners (UN agencies).
– Oversee all reporting requirements to donor and Denmark HQ.
– Financial management and government registration.
– To coordinate training sessions and monitoring visits from HQ (6 visits total).
– Provide historic inputs and linkages (in the region).
– Somaliland National with minimum bachelor’s degree
– 5+ years in management role
– Community engagement experience
– Office and Team Management
– Strong reporting experience
– Local (Federal and Municipal) Government engagement experience
– Fluent in English writing and conversation
PROFILE PREFERENCES (though not required)
– Private Sector experience
– Remote control management and reporting experience
– Master’s degree level education
– Significant NGO experience
– Athletic personal / professional background in team sports
Diversity is something we celebrate in GAME. We therefore encourage everyone irrespective of their gender, sexual orientation, age, race, religion or disability to apply for a job in GAME.
REMUNERATION and TRAVEL
The salary is 825 USD / month, negotiable.
To apply, please submit in one (1) PDF document 1 ) your Letter of Motivation and 2) your CV through our portal PODIO. The application deadline is August 4th at 11:59 CET. We will be checking applications on a rolling basis so we encourage early submissions. First round of interviews will be held in August 13th-16th by Skype, while the second round will be held August 25th-28th in Hargeisa.
For any questions related to the position, you may contact Matthew Gray on whatsapp at +45 20424690.